Show some love for Valentine’s Day all month long! Join the #VDay10K and walk, run or bike your heart out to raise $10k for charity in the month of February, without opening your wallet!
Here’s how it works: Download the Charity Miles app onto your smartphone, choose your charity, and get moving! Charity Miles will donate 25 cents for every mile you walk or run, and 10 cents for every mile you bike. The #VDay10K challenge will raise money for 17 featured charities, including three initiatives of the United Nations Foundation: Shot@Life, GirlUp and GirlUp and Nothing But Nets.
This week you can donate your miles to the Shot@Life campaign, which will go towards immunizing a child from polio. Later in the month, you’ll be able to donate your distance to the GirlUp campaign, and your miles will help a teen girl in a developing country safely attend school, and through Nothing But Nets you can help protect a family from malaria.
When you’ve finished your workout, tell your friends about the good you’ve done through Twitter and Facebook. At the end of February, the United Nations Foundation will feature the person who raises the most for the #VDay10k on its website and Facebook page.
Million Moms Challenge partner Every Mother Counts is also featured on the Charity Miles app, among many other wonderful organizations. Whichever charity you choose, run or walk a mile (or more) for love this Valentine’s Day!
The Take Action Challenge: Stretch your legs for a cause!
1. Download the Charity Miles app.
2. Walk, run or bike ride using the app to raise funds for Shot@Life or other participating organizations
3. Share on your Facebook page or on Twitter what you’ve done! Use #Vday10K
Tweet or Post this:
- Show some love for your favorite cause! Walk a virtual #Vday10K for this #VDay for @ShotatLife
- All you need is love – & a good pair of shoes! Use the @CharityMiles app to donate @ShotatLife for #Vday10k
- Help #endpolionow–use the @CharityMiles app to donate to @ShotAtlife w/out giving $! #VDay10k
How’s that for the perfect way to give?