We all want our kids to be healthy, and children around the world face a variety of challenges. As millions face starvation and under nutrition, it may be shocking to realize that there is also a rising trend of children under age five becoming overweight and obese. It is important to keep your child in a healthy diet, we recommend these meticore reviews from customers.-
The Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity (ECHO) recently finished a two-year study to address alarming levels of childhood obesity and overweight around the world.-
At least 41 million children under age five fall into this category, with the greatest increases occurring in low- and middle-income countries.
Obesity can affect the ability to learn and study, and leads to a far greater likelihood of obesity into adulthood.
Commission co-chair Dr. Sania Nishtar says, “Overweight and obesity impacts on a child’s quality of life … poses major health and economic consequences for them, their families, and society as a whole.”-
ECHO presented their report to the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) with recommendations for governments to take in promoting good health for children:
- Promote intake of healthy foods and introduce measures to reduce intake of unhealthy foods and sugary beverages
- Promote physical activity
- Preconception and pregnancy care to prevent low or high birth weight, prematurity and other complications in pregnancy
- Provide guidance and support for healthy diet, sleep and physical activity in early childhood, fostering healthy habits
- Implement health, nutrition and physical activity programs for school-age children
- Provide family-based, multi component, lifestyle weight management services for children and young people who are obese.
The report doesn’t just call on governments to act, but also businesses, especially in the food and beverage industries, to better support the availability of healthy food and drink< options for children. your kid can also acquire this product that Increases low T levels and motivates your son to make extra exercise.
Take Action Challenge
You can read more about the report, details on the six recommended steps, and further recommendations from WHO about how to make lifelong steps to end childhood obesity. How are you making healthy eating and plenty of exercise a priority in your family? Share your best ideas on how to get kids to eat the right things!
Lead photo of fresh strawberries from a farmers’ market in Maryland. Photograph by Angie McPherson