Global Moms Challenge has been a part of Giving Tuesday, a movement that teaches the value of giving back, since its conception five years ago. It has grown leaps and bounds but this year was stellar! More organizations participated from ever before from 70 countries spanning the globe! The outpouring of generosity filled our hearts knowing that because of the donations made, more women and children will be better cared for.
All our amazing partners took part in the day’s festivities, and we wanted to take a moment to thank them for what they did on #GivingTuesday and for they work they do every single day. Here are just a few examples of their incredible work:
- CARE, a global organization combatting poverty, tripled their donations! Donors gave three times the impact for people who need emergency aid to recover from crisis, families who want to send their children to school, women who want to start their own businesses, children suffering from hunger and malnutrition and communities in need all over the world.
- EveryMotherCounts are raising up to $100K by Dec 31 & JPMorgan Chase will double it to save moms around the world! http://bit.ly/1Tow
- The Fistula Foundation helped give a woman a new life. Gifts were doubled to celebrate #GivingTuesday.
- GirlUp supporters helped 1,000 refugee girls in Uganda go to school! Read 4 girls’ stories: http://buff.ly/2gKz18e.
- Kupona Foundation raised money to build, equip, and operate a new maternity hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, where maternal mortality rates are among the highest in the world.
- The Liya Kebebe Foundation raised money to help African moms survive.
- Mercycorps surpassed their
#GivingTuesday goal, raising over $250K to help families in need.
- Nothing But Nets’ triple donation match was extended for 24 more hours to fight Malaria.
- Save the Children U.S. raised money to help give children better access to opportunities such as education and livelihood. http://bit.ly/2gULHK1
- UN Foundation helped raise money for humanitarian causes with their “Be Human. Be Kind. Be You. Give.” campaign. The organization hosted a day long digital surge which helped to raise awareness for the UN and other partners. They also promoted a new campaign called #GiveaGIF. Learn more about their work here: http://bit.ly/2eFacLH
- UNICEF helped children affected by the refugee crisis. They work in over 190 countries helping children survive, protecting them from harm and getting them to school.
Amazing work, everyone! We can’t wait to do it all over again next year.