Mothers are powerful, especially when we are united.
On March 8th, 2018, International Women’s Day, we’re joining with Mindr to invite you to the World’s Biggest Mama Meetup.
We’re calling on mamas and those who love them to come together, wherever you are, and share in a global conversation about how we can make the world better for all moms, and how moms can make the world better for everyone.
Not sure what to discuss?
Whether you meet one friend for coffee, or host an event for one hundred, we invite your group to have a conversation about some of the big issues facing mamas today, like:
- Access to the right care for a safe and healthy pregnancy
- Our beautiful earth and how its changing climate is impacting women and girls
- The #MeToo movement and how to make workplaces and neighborhoods safe for all’
- How educational opportunities can empower women and girls
- Ways to fight the “motherhood penalty” in the workplace, and get mothers into boardrooms and onto ballots
- Fostering innovation by and for women and girls
- How the Sustainable Development Goals are supporting women and girls to thrive
Here’s how you get involved.
- Spread the word. Share the #MAMAMEET2018 video and encourage all the mamas in your life to get involved!
- Plan your meet-up. Are you a mama? Become a #MAMAMEET2018 Ambassador by planning a gathering (online or off, with one friend or one hundred!), or join a planned meetup. Are you an organization or group? Plan an event in your workspace or with your network. Love mamas and unsure how to become involved? We need you, too! Host or join a meetup and play an important role in this global movement.
- Tell us how you’re going to participate using the hashtag #MAMAMEET2018.
- Meet! Around the world, we’ll all be meeting up on March 8th and being part of to a global #MAMAMEET2018 conversation about how mamas can harness our power to lead the way to a better future. Check out our discussion guides here: www.mindrglobal.com/meetupresources.
- Be counted. Share photos and experiences using #MAMAMEET2018 or by email, and tell us how many people were in your group and what you discussed. We’ll add you to the tally for the World’s Biggest Mama Meetup.
Take Action Challenge
- Spread the word. Share the #MAMAMEET2018 video and encourage all the mamas in your life to get involved.
- Plan your meet-up for March 8th and let us know your plans using #MAMAMEET2018 or by email.
- Find out more and sign up for updates at mamameet.org.